Open PhD positions in Information Security at ETH Zurich, Switzerland
The Institute of Information Security headed by Prof. David Basin at ETH Zurich has multiple open positions for PhD students on research projects in the area of formal methods for information security.
We are looking for enthusiastic outstanding Computer Science or Mathematics students with a strong background in at least two of the following topics
- formal methods or mathematical logic,
- probability theory and statistics,
- cryptography, and
- information security.
Additionally, experience in the following specialized areas would be advantageous:
- formal software development by refinement,
- experience with an interactive theorem prover, or
- security protocols.
ETH Zurich regulations require PhD students to hold a Masters or equivalent degree (e.g., Diplom). All candidates matching the profile above are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. We will process applications until all positions are filled. Successful candidates are expected to start soon after acceptance, but the starting date is negotiable.
Applications should include:
- a curriculum vitae,
- a brief description of research interests,
- transcripts of grades,
- if possible, letters of recommendation from teachers or employers, and
- if possible, the Master's or Bachelor's thesis and publications.
Applications and informal inquiries should be sent to Esfandiar Mohammadi at the following email address:
PhD students are paid employees of ETH. Salary and employment conditions are attractive. Zurich is a diverse and multicultural city that is consistently rated among the best cities in the world in which to live.