Prof. Ueli Maurer, Prof. David Basin
Gregory Demay, Peter Gazi, Dr. Felix Klaedkte, Marko Horvat, Srdjan Marinovic, Dr. Christoph Sprenger
Mon 13-15 CAB G 61
Thu 13-15 CAB G 61
Wed at 15-18 in NO E 39
Thu at 15-18 in LFW E 13 and also at 15-18 in LFW E 15
The course will survey the principles and methods of information security, along with the discussion of selected applications. This includes the following topics:
- Foundations of Cryptography
- Key Management and Trust
- Security Protocols
- Access Control and Security Policies
- Anonymity and Privacy
- Alfred J. Menezes, Paul C. van Oorschot, and Scott A. Vanstone: Handbook of Applied Cryptography, CRC Press, 1996 (available online).
- Dieter Gollmann: Computer Security, Wiley, 2000.
- Matt Bishop: Computer Security: Art and Science, Addison-Wesley, 2002 (available online for ETH members).
- William Stallings: Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice (3rd Edition), Prentice Hall, 2002.
- William Stallings: Network Security Essentials: Applications and Standards (2nd Edition), Pearson, 2003.
- Ken Thompson: Reflections on trusting trust (available online).
- Wenbo Mao: Modern Cryptography: Theory & Practice, Prentice Hall, 2004.