Current Topics in Information Security
- 08.09.2015: The papers will be presented and assigned in the first session on Sep 26. For the first session, please make sure to check out the list of available papers in advance and to select at least 4 papers that you are interested in.
- This course will start on September 26.
The seminar covers a wide range of topics in information security including security protocols (models, properties, and verification), electronic voting, e-cash, service composition, device identification, privacy & smartphones, e-health, wireless security, anomaly detection.
The participants are expected to read a scientific paper and present it in a 35 min talk and then answer questions.
The main goals of the seminar are the independent study of scientific literature and assessment of its contributions as well as learning and practicing presentation techniques.
at least one of:
- Information Security (Basin / Capkun)
- Cryptographic Protocols (Maurer / Hirt)
- System Security (Capkun / Perrig)
- Available papers(login with your nethz credentials).
- Here is a "Small Guide to Giving Presentations" (PDF, 5.1 MB) by Markus Püschel that you might find useful to help you with the preparation of your talk.